– (10/2/07) The Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School District Committee adopted the 2007-2008 District School Improvement Plan, as required by the Massachusetts Education Reform Act, at its meeting on September 19, 2007. The Plan was prepared and recommended by the Old Colony School Council. Copies of Old Colony’s 2007-2008 School Improvement Plan are […]
– (9/5/07) The administration at Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School announces the availability of the District’s Title I Evaluation. As required by the Federal Government, an annual Title I evaluation was conducted. The evaluation included questionnaires completed by administrators, staff, parents, and students. Copies of the entire report are available from Old Colony
– (9/5/07) Two staff members at Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School have been recognized for completing 25 years of exemplary service to the students of the District. The staff members, recognized and awarded, were: Susan Boucher (Secretary) Ralph MacLeod (Electronics Department Instructor)
– (9/5/07) The Old Colony school community is pleased to announce the appointment of three new faculty members at the technical high school. The new members join a highly-qualified professional staff dedicated to meeting the individual needs of each student. The new staff members at Old Colony are: Eldaro Amaral – Computer Aided Drafting Instructor
– (9/5/07) The administration at Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School is pleased to announce the appointment of three faculty members to the 2007-2008 School Council. They are: Paul Brodeur – (English Department) Gina Despres – (English Department) David Lamontagne – (Science Department) The School Council meets monthly under the chairmanship of Old Colony’s
– (5/8/07) A slate of officers has been elected to lead the Old Colony Cougar Gridiron Club for the upcoming 2007 season. At a recent meeting, the following members were elected: President: Michelle Paynter (Carver) Vice President: Cheryl Poitras (Rochester) Secretary: Marc Paynter (Carver) Treasurer: Deb Solburg (Rochester) The Gridiron Club at Old Colony R.V.T.H.S
– (5/2/07) The American Culinary Federation Foundation Accrediting Commission has scheduled a site visit for May 9-11, 2007, at Old Colony R.V.T.H.S. The accreditation group will consist of Debbie Edge, Accreditation Coordinator from Florida ACFF, and two additional team members. Receiving ACF accreditation will provide Old Colony with national recognition.
– (5/2/07) The administration at Old Colony is excited to report that one of the school’s Computer Information Technology teachers has been appointed as a subject matter expert to design a team for the development of the Certificate of Occupational Proficiency testing. The State Department of Education and the testing contractor (NOCTI) chose Jacqueline Machamer
– (4/9/07) Consultant Ellen Honeyman will provide training and complete a focused program evaluation for Old Colony relating to the findings of the recent Coordinated Program Review and subsequent approved Corrective Action Plan. Special Education teachers and the Special Services Coordinator will participate in the training on upcoming Saturdays. Mrs. Honeyman will conduct a two-hour
– (4/9/07) The Steering Committee at Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School is presently working on organizing the NEASC evaluation that will be taking place in March 2008. The Steering Committee has place all of the staff members in the Standard Committees and has scheduled all of the early release dates. The Commission has
– (4/2/07) The District School Committee at Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School is pleased to recognize their mentor teachers of this school year. The mentors work under the leadership of English teacher Deborah Herrmann and Math teacher Nancy Francis. The 2006-2007 mentor team includes: Paul Brodeur Gina Despres Daniel Ducharme Jacqueline Machamer Stuart
– (3/19/07) The Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School District Committee maintains a policy which allows continuity and necessary services for homeless children. This is a federal requirement authorized under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act, a component of the “No Child Left Behind Act.” NCLB requires districts, under most circumstances, to allow a
– (1/29/07) Listed below are the student attendance rates as released by the Massachusetts Department of Education. Included are area regional high schools. For non-regions like Carver High School, attendance is a total percentage including grades K-12. Old Colony Bristol Plymouth Old Rochester Greater New Bedford South Shore Voc-Tech Freetown/Lakeville Bristol Aggie Southeastern Voc-Tech Cape
– (1/22/07) The Kawasaki Corporation generously donated two engines, a large block 25 hp FH721V and a small block 6 hp FJ180 engine, to be used as training aids in the Power Mechanics Program at Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School. The Kawasaki Corporation also granted the District entry to the Kawasaki dealer website.
– (1/22/07) Through the efforts of Cosmetology teachers Tammy Hoyle and Kimberly Lopes, Old Colony Regional Vocatinoal Technical High School has becomae as testing site for future Cosmetology teachers. The “practical” exam will be administered on Saturday, May 19, 2007, at 8:30 am. Both Mrs Hoyle and Ms. Lopes are state-trained protors for the exam.