The House and Mill Carpentry Department trains students in all aspects of the carpentry field, beginning with use of hand tools and basic shop projects in grade 9, and concluding with stair construction, interior finishing, kitchen cabinet design and counter top construction in grade 12. Students are also trained extensively on framing, floors, walls, ceilings, common rafters and hip and valley roofs. Off-site projects give students the on-the-job training they need to become employable.
- Hand tool use and maintenance
- Shop procedure and planning
- Worksite preparation and safety
- Interpreting construction prints
- Interior and exterior finish work
- OSHA 10 hour