The two hundred hour welding program is intended as an introduction to the field of Welding. Students will gain knowledge and skills in several welding areas which include Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc welding, Stick Welding, and Basic Blueprint Reading. They will also receive their OSHA 10 and Hot Works certifications. The students will have the opportunity to learn by doing. The following areas will be covered:
- Welding processes GMAW(MIG), GTAW(TIG), and SMAW(Stick)
- Weld techniques, Joint types & positions
- Weld wire and consumables
- Material identification
- Torch cutting processes – plasma and oxy-acetylene
- Utilizing of hand tools & shop safety
- OSHA 10 and Hot Works certification.